Examples of IT Law’s work:
1. Ministry of Health – engaged by the Ministry of Health to design and develop a standard agreement for use by the New Zealand health sector (including the Ministry, District Health Boards and other agencies) for significant ICT procurement projects.
2. Infrastructure / engineering company – advise on significant IT projects for a major Australasian engineering company. Recent work includes advice on agreement with suppler of GIS (geographic information systems) and advice on major managed services agreement.
3. Local government – advice to major regional council on desktop migration project. Included active involvement in negotiations with multinational supplier.
4. Public registries – advice to company that develops and supplies public registry solutions to government; including extensive negotiations with NZ government department and with governments of other countries. Drafting of all standard agreements and negotiated changes.
5. Online translations company – advice to company that supplies translation services via its website. Agreements with clients for translations work and with translators to undertake the translations.
6. Ticketing system – advice to public transport company on procurement of new ticketing system and on-going support and maintenance. Prepare agreement with American supplier and assist with negotiation of agreement.
7. Technology implementation – advice to New Zealand distributors of various products; including advice on agreements for major ERP (enterprise resource planning) implementations.
8. Industry Training Organisation (ITO) – advice to supplier providing solution to ITOs including licensing, support and maintenance in context of ITOs unique requirements.
9. SaaS / cloud – advice to company providing SaaS (software as a service) solution to freight management companies.
10. Intellectual property assignment – advise on, draft and negotiate agreement for assignment of intellectual property.
11. Travel – prepare standard agreements to be used by online travel company, establishing local operators in many countries and assisting with negotiations.
12. Website businesses – advice on key legal issues for several website businesses, advice on dealings with website developers and advice on and drafting website and on-line shop terms and conditions and other agreements required.
13. Texting solutions – advice to a provider of text messaging solutions including assisting with negotiations with large corporates and advice on dealing with telecommunications company requirements.
14. Intellectual property (IP) ownership – advice on IP ownership in situation of development having been completed but no written agreement on IP ownership.
15. Advice on escrow agreements.